Trains and Ladders



I have enough #6 switches built to relay the Flin Flon yard throat.  I was never happy with my original setup, mostly due to the need to have a siding for the station now that I have backdated to the early 1980's.  There was still a mixed train operating between Flin Flon and Snow Lake in the early 1980's so I needed somewhere for it to come and go from. 

However the original track arrangement made it difficult to have a station.  I decided to relay the yard throat to remove a couple of #4 switches, as well as add a siding for the station.  I think the new arrangement looks better and will likely operate better as well.  I'll have to operate the yard for a while to see if anything else needs adjustment.  

Generally the yard will be switched from the other end except for the bulk fuel dealer, propane dealer, smelter fuel tanks, station, freight shed and team track (actually that is a fair bit of stuff now that I write it...), and this is the end of the branchline so I won't need a switch lead to clear the main.  I may have to adjust some other switches in the yard, and I'm already seeing switches that I should replace with hand built ones.

Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks