Train room decorating

 I'm slowly getting some railway themed items put together to go with the layout room.  It is another aspect that is an interest.  While I won't be installing a full sized passenger car in the basement like some people have done, a few small things are starting to show up.  




I recently purchased the builders plate and number board from a CN MLW C630m, number 2032.  I also have slides of this unit in CN and its later Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia guise. These along with the air starter instructions I picked up from a sister C630m make a nice framed item.  These now hang in the hallway leading to the layout room.  

I have other number boards from various locomotives and some other plaques and builders plates that will start appearing on the wall.  I prefer railway collectibles that are flat and relatively small, as does my wife.  Of course my layout wasn't actually designed and built by Budd...  

Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks