Now What?


 A few years ago I learned that CN used "Line Car Control" to explain the layout of sidings, industries etc. throughout their system.  It was divided into regions and sub regions.  I have been looking for this documentation for the areas north of The Pas Manitoba as that is my modelling focus.  I had been unsuccessful in this search.  Until now.


Thanks to a very generous acquaintance I now have the Line Car Control binder for The Pas Manitoba Effective May 1986 and a second one effective December 1986.  As well I received a copy of the October 1973 CN employee timetable as well as some other Hudson Bay Railway related stuff.  


A nice surprise was a telegraph pole insulator with HBR initials on it, a remnant of the original line construction from the 1913-1929 timeframe.  I will  have to sort out how to properly display it.     

While 1986 is a few years after my modelling timeframe nothing really changed during the early 1980's as far as I have been able to determine other than a few minor track changes in The Pas. 




For layout planning purposes I have the diagrams for The Pas, Channing, Cranberry Portage, Flin Flon, and the various mines in the Snow Lake area (Osborne Lake, Chisel Lake and Stall Lake) as well as the Manitoba Forest Products mill in The Pas.  This new to me information will take much of the guesswork out of figuring out how and what to model. 

Another cool thing in the Car Control book is the names of all the common users of the team tracks throughout the area covered in the publication.  One consignee I wasn't expecting to see was P.J. Gaber and Sons who were a farm equipment dealer in my hometown south of the area covered by the booklet.  They must have shipped equipment further afield than I would have thought. 

To say that I am happy about this is somewhat of an understatement.  



Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks