The Pas Yard Diagram

Sometimes things appear that you never thought you would see.  I was messaging with my friend Mark  about a variety of things when the conversation turned to the track layout in The Pas. He worked in northern Manitoba during my modelling era so has been a wealth of information, both photos and memories, along with talking to his own contacts about the minutiae of railway operations in the region. 

 





He sent a couple of photos that for me are akin to finding a holy grail: track diagrams for The Pas in 1990!  A bit after my era but I suspect there were not too many changes between 1980 and 1990.  Great news for figuring things out in The Pas.  For whatever reason this diagram was in a book for Winnipeg trackage.  You never know what you might turn up in unexpected places.   

I can glean some information from photos and observations of my own and others.  But knowing what each track was used for is invaluable information.  Now I can start planning the yard in The Pas  with some certainty about what is what.  Thanks Mark!

Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks