Backdrops make a difference

 Recently my wife and I purchased a light box for photographing my models and her hand made cards (Cards.by.Amara).  The light box is big enough to fit an HO 85' passenger car so it will work well for most model photography.

The light box comes with several back drops in neutral grey, black, white and tan/beige.  I played around with the different backdrops and a recently weathered CN PSC Caboose.  I must say that I am partial to the black backdrop, with the grey and white 2nd and 3rd.  In this application I think the tan/beige doesn't work well.  

The light box is easy to set up and the built in LED lights have variable tone and brightness controls.  I see good potential for this for my model photography.

Neutral grey back drop.  It's okay but I may have to brighten the lighting in Photoshop

Black backdrop: I really like how the red-orange pops with this back drop

White back drop: this will likely need some work in Photoshop to be useable

Tan/beige back drop: This just doesn't work.  



Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks