Lineside buildings from kits


Schist Lake Models has started producing a variety of laser cut buildings in HO scale.  I have purchased several of these kits and finally got underway with them.  Thus far I have built a CN hose house, CN 1924 1 door freight shed and CN portable freight shed.  I've got the CN portable station and CN portable bunkhouse underway as well.  In addition I have several CN speeder 1 door sheds, a 4 door speeder shed, a small portable station, small tool house, and a small freight shed as well yet to be built.  


The kits are a combination of laser cut wood and paper with nice board and shingle detail.  Everything assembles nicely with minimal hassle.  I painted the 1 door freight shed and portable freight shed in CN's white and black scheme with blue doors.  The portable station is painted in the earlier red brown with cream trim.  I'm planning to paint the portable bunkhouse in the cream/white with green trim scheme.  I have yet to figure out what the other buildings will be.  

Wood building kits is a new area for me to explore, I'm looking forward to building more of these down the road.  




I still need to add the roof ridge trim to the portable station.







Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks