A Nice GP9 Surprise at the Pacific Northwest Region NMRA Convention


I wasn't sure how to title this post without seeming too self congratulatory.  I took part in my first NMRA regional convention (actually I was part of the organizing committee) and entered a few of my models in the contests and AP (Achievement Program) judging program. I have only ever had my models on display at the various local meets over the years.  

The  models did pretty well.  I entered six models in the AP and got five merit awards for my CN GP9 4243, CN snow plows, VIA Rail combine and the CN Fowler/Dominion work service boxcar, all of which I have blogged about previously here.  I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to get the merit awards.  

On the last day of the show I had a moment to swing by the display/contest room and found out that my CN lightweight GP9 had won 1st place in the Diesel & Other category.  I was given a nicely framed certificate for this.  I promise I won't let it go to my head.




June 7, 2024 update

I got a package in the mail the other day with my merit awards.  I'll toot my own horn here and say I'm pleasantly surprised I managed to get 5 merit awards for my work.  




Comments

  1. Congrats :)
    A rather interesting unit.. and maybe the first "Geep" I've seen with Flexcoil trucks. Very nice work. and I quite like the weathering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What people are looking at on this blog

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Tank car weathering

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks