A Boundary Sub diversion


I regularly operate and dispatch the CP Boundary Subdivision owned by my friend Scott.  It is a large layout that is a blast to operate.  On occasion I would give Scott a hard time about all the shiny new freight cars and locomotives on the layout.  It was suggested that I help fix that issue, which I agreed to.  This latest batch included a mix of CP, CN, MILW, WP and Southern Mountain (freelance roadname).   Most of these (except CN and CP) don't show up on my own layout so this was an interesting diversion for me.

The layout is set in the pre-CP script era, so circa 1961-63.  These cars were fun to do, using the build dates as a guide to how grungy and weathered the cars should be. Most of the cars were built between 1945-57, so there is quite a range of dates.  I'm pleased with how they turned out.  Only about 400 or so cars to go... 











Comments

  1. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the roof of the MILW rib side car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The MILW roof is black and brown oil washes along with peeling paint using acrylic steel/silver applied with an almost dry sponge to get the small peeled areas. Larger areas got done with a paint brush, trying not to overdo it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What people are looking at on this blog

Tank car weathering

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks