Manac 48' refrigerated trailer build



Put this one in the category of 'oddball projects". I was asked to build and paint a Kaslo Shops Distributing 48' Manac refrigerated trailer that was commonly used in eastern Canada in the 90's and 2000's.  The trailer is well designed and was a quick assembly project.  It took longer to paint and mask the trailer than to build it.

I painted the trailer white with aluminum roof and trim.  The underbody was painted light grey as that was the colour used on most prototype trailers.  I am quite happy with the paint separations and had minimal overspray to deal with as I painted the masking with a coat of white paint to seal the edges.  The tire rims were painted white and I used Vallejo Air Tire Black to hand paint the tires.     

It will be hard to justify a future trailer on my layout, but I am lobbying Kaslo to do 1970s and 1980s trailers.  We'll see if I am successful in this down the road (pardon the pun).

Comments

What people are looking at on this blog

CN Boxcars a Plenty

Tank car weathering

Painting wheels for roller bearing and standard bearing trucks